We’re excited to launch The Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ COVID-19 Survey! You can contribute to the promotion of this survey and help us understand how COVID-19 continues to change the way 2SLGBTQQIA+ people work, socialize, get support, stay healthy, and build community!
Help us spread the word about this survey by sharing information through your social media channels, websites, and newsletters. To help you do this, we have created a number of promotional resources for you to use, which you can access and download below.
For more information about this study, please contact Ben Klassen, Sex Now Research Manager, at [email protected].
For more information on how to use these shareables and how to connect through social platforms, please contact Jose Patiño-Gomez, Digital Marketing Manager, at [email protected].
Please use the following URL to direct people to the survey: XXXXX or you can use this shorter version: bit.ly/XXXXX
Stay connected by following us on social media:
- Facebook: @theCBRC
- Twitter: @CBRCtweets
- Instagram: @theCBRC
- LinkedIn: @theCBRC
- Facebook: @EgaleCanada
- Twitter: @EgaleCanada
- Instagram: @EgaleCanada
- LinkedIn: @Egale-Canada
The Enchanté Network
- Facebook: @EnchanteNetwork
- Twitter: @EnchanteNetwork
- Instagram: @EnchanteNetwork
- LinkedIn: @The-Enchanté-Network-Le-Réseau-Enchanté
2 Spirits in Motion Society
- Facebook: @2SpiritsMotion
- Twitter: @2SpiritsMotion
- Instagram: @2SpiritsMotion
The Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ COVID-19 Survey is the largest multi-lingual national social health survey dedicated to Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Questionning, Intersex, Asexual, and other sexually and gender diverse people (2SLGBTQQIA+). It is made possible through the work of a large team of researchers and community partners, and the support of Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC), Egale, TheEnchanté Network, and 2 Spirits in Motion Society.
- How was the past year for you? We want to know.
- Struggled under the pandemic? Us too!
- The last year was tough. Tell us about it.
- Ever had COVID? Find out!
Take our survey.
Test for COVID antibodies at home.
- How has COVID impacted our community?
Take our survey
& test for COVID at home.
Example Social Media Messages
Feel free to use the following messages when sharing The Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ COVID-19 Survey among your networks.
Longer Posts (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- 2020 and 2021 have been tough. Help plan for a better future by taking our Canada-wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ COVID-19 survey. Your answers can help our communities collectively move forward.
- We’re calling upon Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and other sexually and gender diverse folks across Canada to help gather information about the many ways we’ve been impacted by COVID-19. Your answers might help 2SLGBTQQIA+ organizations to better advocate for new resources and policy measures.
- Have some time to spare? Take a moment and share the many ways you’ve seen our 2SLGBTQQIA+ communities impacted by COVID-19. The detailed information you provide has the potential to create new resources for the most impacted.
- We want to know how COVID-19 has impacted you as a Black 2SLGBTQQIA+ person. The data we collect has the potential to help a wide range of our community members, including the most impacted.
- We want to know how COVID-19 has impacted you as an Indigenous 2SLGBTQQIA+ person. The data we collect has the potential to help a wide range of our community members, including the most impacted.
- We want to know how COVID-19 has impacted you as a 2SLGBTQQIA+ person of colour. The data we collect has the potential to help a wide range of our community members, including the most impacted.
- We want to know how COVID-19 has impacted you as a 2SLGBTQQIA+ person with diverse abilities. The data we collect has the potential to help a wide range of our community members, including the most impacted.
- We want to know how COVID-19 has impacted you as a 2SLGBTQQIA+ sex worker. The data we collect has the potential to help a wide range of our community members, including the most impacted.
- Do you wonder if you had COVID-19? As part of our national survey, we’re mailing at-home test kits to 2SLGBTQQIA+ folks in Canada to see how common the virus has been in our communities. We want you to take the test regardless of whether or not you were diagnosed with COVID or have been vaccinated. As a participant, you can receive your result and be compensated $20.
Shorter Posts (Twitter, Instagram)
- 2020 and 2021 have been tough. Let’s make sure we’re better equipped for future challenges by looking at how we’re faring so far. Take our #2SLGBTQQIA+ #COVID19 survey and help us plan for the future.
- Will you share the challenges that you and those in your communities have experienced during #COVID19? We’re collecting data on how #2SLGBTQQIA+ folks are coping with the pandemic. Your answers have the potential to create lasting change.
- How has #COVID19 impacted you as a #2SLGBTQQIA+ person? How has it intersected with other parts of your identity? The data we collect has the potential to help a wide range of our community members, including the most impacted.
- Be one of the first tested at home for #COVID19 antibodies. All participants who take our national #2SLGBTQQIA+ survey have the option of trying out a new technology that will help us see how prevalent the virus has been in our communities.
Sample E-mail/Newsletter Summary
The Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ COVID-19 Survey
Community-Based Research Centre, Egale Canada, the Enchanté Network, and 2 Spirits in Motion Society have launched a multilingual national social health survey dedicated to study of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on Two-Spirit, Indigiqueer, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and other sexually and gender diverse people in Canada. Add your voice and complete the [online survey] to help support the health of 2SLGBTQQIA+ people across Canada by improving programs, services and policies.
In addition to the survey, participants also have the option of receiving a new COVID-19 antibodies test, which will be mailed to you. The goal is to find out how common COVID-19 is among 2SLGBTQQIA+ people in Canada. It’s a quick and simple finger prick test where you provide a few drops of blood and then mail the sample back (in a pre-paid envelope provided to you). All testing is done in collaboration with the Public Health Agency of Canada’s national laboratory. In honour of your time and support, participants who complete the COVID-19 antibody test will receive $20 (via e-transfer or cheque).
[Click here] for more information.
Please make use of the digital shareables below to share and promote the study on your social media platforms.