Advance is a pan-Canadian collaboration to improve the accessibility and uptake of health services among gay, bisexual, queer, and other men who have sex with men (cis and trans), and Two-Spirit people (GBT2Q) in Canada. Our vision is for GBT2Q communities to have equitable access to the services they need.
In Canada, GBT2Q men remain disproportionately impacted by HIV and sexually transmissible and blood-borne infections (STBBI), in addition to facing greater needs in relation to mental health and substance use. These challenges require a coordinated response across governments, communities, and the health system that prioritizes GBT2Q men, including greater investments in HIV/STBBI testing, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), mental health services, and cultural competency training for healthcare providers.
Advance is a partnership between leading community-based organizations from across Canada dedicated to the health and wellness of GBT2Q men:
- Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) – National Coordinator, Atlantic and Prairies Coordinator
- Health Initiative for Men (HIM) – Vancouver/BC Coordinator
- ACT – Toronto Coordinator
- MAX – Ottawa Region Coordinator
- RÉZO – Montreal/Quebec Coordinator