Job Posting: Administration Assistant - Compensation: $22.00 per hour, 20-30 hours weekly (depending on availability)
For nearly two decades, Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) has been advocating broad approaches to gay men’s health promotion that includes action on social drivers like stigma and discrimination. Incorporated in 1999, CBRC is a charitable health promotion organization dedicated to improving the lives of gay and other sexual minority men through research, knowledge exchange, and leadership development. CBRC’s vision – A Better World for Gay Men.
Fundamental to CBRC is its dynamic community-based research program. The Sex Now Survey, first launched in 2002, has grown into Canada’s largest and longest running survey of gay and other sexual minority men’s health, providing vital data to inform programs, policy, and research. Using Sex Now and other research findings, CBRC develops a range of community programs to address community needs and priorities including Totally Outright, Investigaytors, and the Summit.
We’re looking for an Administration Assistant to work closely with the Management team to support the implementation of CBRC’s Mission. They will assist the team in maintaining oversight of project direction, while supporting internal and external communications and day-to-day operations of CBRC. This position will be filled by someone who is extremely punctual, organized and tech-savvy. The position will be based in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
- Provides administrative and communications support to the leadership team and Board of Directors
- Supports in payment processing
- Coordinates staff and Summit participant travel
- Supports Summit organizing and delivery
- Organization and scheduling of in-person and on-line meetings and events
- Administrative responsibilities including taking notes during meetings, preparing correspondence
- Other admin-related duties as needed
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Training in project management, administration or communications. Equivalent working experience
- Experience coordinating or supporting projects related to health promotion, research, or a similar discipline specifically in a partnership context is an asset
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment and multiple shifting demands
- Experience working with community or non-profit organizations, and/or public health agencies is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Familiarity with Quickbooks an asset
- Tech-savvy, experience with databases e.g. Nation Builder & other digital communication tools
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint), G Suite, online survey platforms, website maintenance, online communications platforms
- Bilingualism (English & French) is desirable
- Familiar with gay, bi, trans and Two Spirit communities and resources in various parts of country
Every applicant will be considered based on their fit for the role, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and level of ability
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: Christof Milando, Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is June 15th, 2019.