Position Type: Full-time, indefinite term
Annual Salary: $65,000
Schedule: 37.5 hours weekly (flexible hour)
Start Date: January 8th, 2024 (flexible)
Location: Remote, within Canada
Reports to: Associate Director, Communications
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023, 11:59 PM PST
Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) promotes the health of people of diverse sexualities and genders through research and intervention development. CBRC’s core pillars – community-led research, knowledge exchange, network building, and leadership development – position the organization as a thought leader, transforming ideas into actions that make a difference in our communities. CBRC was incorporated in 1999 and is a non-profit charitable organization. Our main office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia, and we also have satellite offices located in Edmonton, Toronto, and Halifax.
CBRC believes in work led by and for the community. As part of our commitment to employment equity, we encourage applications from Indigenous, Black and people of colour (IBPOC) individuals, Two-Spirit people, queer, trans and non-binary people, people living with HIV, people living with Hepatitis C, disabled people, 2SLGBTQQIA+ women, and other people with fabulous and diverse identities and experiences. CBRC acknowledges that not everyone is able to publicly disclose these identities, and we do not expect that employees will disclose this in the course of their work. At CBRC, we recognize that some applicants have experienced barriers to traditional educational and employment opportunities. We consider various combinations of education, employment, volunteer, and lived experience and encourage applicants to highlight these experiences in their cover letter and resume.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will work with the Associate Director, Communications, to build relationships, engage the community and share CBRC’s work through effective digital and interactive communication. The Marketing & Communications Manager will manage CBRC’s online presence, including website, social media, and other online publications and will manage integration and automation between existing digital platforms to create effective communication channels and stakeholders service experience. The Marketing & Communications Manager will have a strong understanding and expertise in digital content, accessibility, usability, architecture, development, and social media, as well as an understanding of traditional marketing, search engine optimization and advertising, brand management, and online measurement tools.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manages online presence through CBRC.net and all owned social media channels.
- Manages the digital team, social media coordination, as well as graphic designers, and other digital/online consultants.
- Executes integrated marketing communications plans for CBRC and its projects in all digital spaces (including web, social, and email) intending correct message delivery, audience engagement, and brand delivery/growth.
- Contributes creative ideas on how to leverage social media and digital marketing to help achieve organizational and communications objectives.
- Ensures the distribution of digital content through our digital/online channels.
- Ensures website usability, optimization, update, and bilingual accessibility.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and mentors staff and contractors, including support for staff development, problem-solving, managing time off requests, and performance management.
- Develops and manages the social media content calendar, digital promotions, and paid social campaigns across social media platforms.
- Coordinates and produces social media communications content for all social media platforms.
- Monitors social media channels and responds to community questions and concerns.
- Reports on social media and digital performance within the organization.
- Oversees all digital communications and promotion for our annual Summit.
- Assists in producing marketing communications materials for print and online use.
- Manages contractors to develop content in French and other languages.
- Creates the digital/social extension of in-person events and other programs.
- Assists production of annual Summit.
- Supports the creation and development of Webinars.
- Undertakes special related projects as requested by Associate Director, Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Event Planning, Digital Media or equivalent experience;
- Expertise in web and social media strategies;
- Expertise in event development and management; experience with large regional or national events;
- Experience leading a team, including hiring, training, conducting performance evaluation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including writing and/or editing documents such as reports, facilitating meetings and training, and managing team communications Capacity to multi-task and function under tight and/or competing deadlines;
- Ability to recognize when to take initiative and when to seek guidance;
- Autonomous worker with an ability to adapt and work within a team setting;
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with partners from varying sectors including academic, government and community agencies;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to analyze processes and prioritize activities.
Other Competencies & Qualifications (assets)
- Ability to work in French and additional languages (written and verbal proficiency) is desirable.
- Knowledge of 2S/LGBTQIA+ health, current HIV prevention strategies.
- Generous vacation time, personal days, and other leave policies
- Extended health benefits, including medical, gender-affirming care, dental, vision, and long-term disability (LTD), life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Inclusive workplace
- Remote and hybrid work arrangement
- Flexible working schedule
- Kind and supportive team
How to apply
Please email your application to Human Resources at [email protected] and put the job you are applying for in the subject line “Marketing and Communications Manager” All applicants are required to provide a cover letter and a resume.
If this process presents barriers, please get in touch via email with the subject line Access: Marketing and Communications Manager or call us (604-568-7478) to discuss alternative formats for submitting an application.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 15, 2023 11:59 PM PT.