We’re excited to launch the Our Health: Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Study! You can contribute to the promotion of this survey and help us understand how 2SLGBTQQIA+ people get support, work, socialize, and build community, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Help us spread the word about this survey by sharing information through your social media channels, websites, and newsletters. To help you do this, we have created a number of promotional resources for you to use, which you can access and download below.
For more information about this study, please contact Ben Klassen (he/him; Sex Now Research Manager) at [email protected], or Anu Radha Verma (she/her; 2SLGBTQQIA+ Chronic Health Research Manager) at [email protected].
For more information on how to use these shareables and how to connect through social platforms, please contact Jose Patiño-Gomez (Digital Marketing Manager) at [email protected].
Please use the following URL to direct people to the survey: bit.ly/SurveyOurHealth
Follow the conversation on social media with the hashtag: #OurHealth
Stay connected by following us on social media:
The Enchanté Network
- Facebook: @EnchanteNetwork
- Twitter: @EnchanteNetwork
- Instagram: @EnchanteNetwork
- LinkedIn: @The-Enchanté-Network-Le-Réseau-Enchanté
2 Spirits in Motion Society
The Our Health: Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Survey is the largest multi-lingual national social health survey dedicated to Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questionning, intersex, asexual, and other sexually and gender diverse people (2SLGBTQQIA+). It is made possible through the work of a large team of researchers and community partners, and the support of Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC), Egale, The Enchanté Network, and 2 Spirits in Motion Society.
Example Social Media Messages
Feel free to use the following messages when sharing the Our Health: Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Survey among your networks and make sure to include hashtag: #OurHealth.
Longer Posts (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- The last few years have been tough. Help plan for a better future by taking the Our Health: Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Survey. Your answers can help our communities move forward.
- We’re calling upon Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and other sexually and gender diverse folks across Canada to shine a light on the health of people in our communities. Your answers might help 2SLGBTQQIA+ organizations to better advocate for new resources and policy measures.
- Have some time to spare? Take some time to share the many ways you’ve seen our 2SLGBTQQIA+ communities impacted by COVID-19. The detailed information you provide has the potential to create new resources for the most impacted. You’ll also receive a small honorarium for completing the survey.
- Do you wonder if you ever had COVID-19? As part of our national survey, we’re mailing at-home test kits to 2SLGBTQQIA+ folks in Canada to see how common the virus has been in our communities. We want you to take the test regardless of whether or not you were diagnosed with COVID or have been vaccinated. As a participant, you can receive your result and be compensated a small honorarium.
- Living with a chronic health condition? We’re calling upon Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and other sexually and gender diverse folks across Canada who are navigating their chronic health conditions. We want to hear from you about your lived experiences. Take the survey and tell us! You’ll also receive a small honorarium for completing the survey.
Shorter Posts (Twitter, Instagram)
- The last few years have been tough. Let’s make sure we’re better equipped for future challenges by looking at how we’re coping so far. Take the Our Health #2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Survey, get a small honorarium, and help us plan for the future.
- Will you share the health challenges that you and those in your communities are experiencing? We’re collecting data on how #2SLGBTQQIA+ folks are coping these past few years. Your answers have the potential to create lasting change. You’ll get a small honorarium for participating!
- How has #COVID19 impacted you as a #2SLGBTQQIA+ person? How has it intersected with other parts of your identity? The data we collect has the potential to help a wide range of our community members, including the most impacted.
- Want to get tested at home for #COVID19 antibodies? All participants who take our national #2SLGBTQQIA+ survey have the option of trying out a new technology that will help us see how prevalent the virus has been in our communities.
- Has the pandemic made things harder for you as a 2SLGBTQQIA+ person with chronic health conditions? We’re asking about this and more in Our Health: Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQI+ Community Study.
Sample E-mail/Newsletter Summary
The Our Health: Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Survey
Community-Based Research Centre, Egale Canada, the Enchanté Network, and 2 Spirits in Motion Society have launched a multilingual national community health survey for Two-Spirit, Indigiqueer, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and other sexually and gender diverse people in Canada. We especially want to hear from 2SLGBTQQIA+ people with chronic health conditions, to learn about your lived experiences, how you are navigating the health care system and COVID-19’s impacts. Add your voice and complete the [online survey] to help support the health of 2SLGBTQQIA+ people across Canada by improving programs, services and policies. You will receive a small honorarium for completing the survey.
In addition to the survey, participants also have the option of receiving a new COVID-19 antibodies test, which will be mailed to you. The goal is to find out how common COVID-19 is among 2SLGBTQQIA+ people in Canada. It’s a quick and simple finger prick test where you provide a few drops of blood and then mail the sample back (in a pre-paid envelope provided to you). All testing is done in collaboration with the Public Health Agency of Canada’s national laboratory. In honour of your time and support, participants who complete the COVID-19 antibody test will receive a small honorarium (via e-transfer or cheque).
[Click here] for more information.
Please make use of the digital shareables below to share and promote the study on your social media platforms.