This section will offer to partners all the tools they need to help promote the survey across their networks.
If you want to contribute to the promotion of the 2021 Sex Now survey, help us spread the word by sharing information through your social media channels, websites, or newsletters. To help you do this, we have created a number of promotional resources for you to use, which you can access and download below.
For more information about this study, please contact Ben Klassen, Sex Now Research Manager: [email protected].
For more information on how to use these shareables and how to connect through social platforms, please contact Jose Patiño-Gomez, Senior Manager, Marketing & Engagement: [email protected].
Please use the following URL to direct people to the survey: sexnowsurvey.com/web.
Sex Now is Canada’s largest health survey for gay, bi, trans, Two-Spirit, and queer men (GBT2Q) and non-binary people. Developed by Community-Based Research Centre, with recruitment from coast to coast in both official languages, Sex Now collects and then shares valuable data that can be used by people and organizations across the country to advocate for better programs and resources to improve health outcomes for GBT2Q and non-binary people.
We’d love to connect with you! Be sure to tag and follow us on social media at:
We plan on reusing these evergreen taglines from the previous year, along with additional ones that centre more on testing:
- Be part of Canada’s largest survey of GBT2Q and non-binary people
- Help build healthier and inclusive communities for us all
- Join the conversation!
- Let’s talk about sex!
Example Social Media Messages
Feel free to use the following messages when sharing the 2021 Sex Now Survey among your networks.
- Help us collect data on the health and well-being of GBT2Q men and non-binary people in Canada by taking the 2021 Sex Now Survey. The answers you provide can help inform public health, research, and policy, and create a better understanding of our community’s needs.
- We want to learn about your life these days. What matters to you? How is your sex life? Has it changed much? Take our 2021 Sex Now Survey and share your concerns with us. Your answers will assist organizations across the country to advocate for better programs and resources for GBT2Q men and non-binary people.
- Sex Now is Canada’s national survey for all GBT2Q men and non-binary people. We are looking for participants from all ethno-racial backgrounds, immigration statuses, abilities, HIV statuses, body types and locations across Canada to take part.
- Sex Now doesn’t just ask about your sex life. We take a holistic approach to your health and ask about everything from your mental well-being, to substance use, to your current living situation. Let us know about the things that matter to you.
- How is your sex life? What matters most to you these days? Let us know by answering questions in Sex Now, a survey about sex that cares more about you as a person than whether you’re using condoms or not.
- This year’s Sex Now survey includes questions on substance use and harm reduction when it comes to our social life, mental wellness, and sex life. Help us collect much needed data to help advocate for better programs and resources.
- This year’s Sex Now survey has more inclusive response options for trans and non-binary participants. We want to hear from you. Tell us about your life by answering questions about your sexual and mental health.
- NEW THIS YEAR: In collaboration with REACH Nexus, CBRC is offering everyone who is 18 and older and takes the Sex Now survey a chance to receive and distribute HIV self-tests, a technology newly approved in Canada to self-test for HIV using a few drops of blood.
- Everyone who is eligible for Sex Now and 18 and older can ask for up to three HIV self-test kits to use themselves or to share with friends or people in the sexual or social networks. Help us pass it forward.
- This is a rapid HIV self-test. We’ll send you three if you complete the Sex Now survey (18 and older). Who will you pass it on to?
- Your friend can't get a test? Take our Sex Now survey and share an HIVST kit with those you care for (18 and older).
- Is the clinic closed? Finding it hard to get tested? Let us mail you a test! Participants in our Sex Now Survey (18 and older) have the option to receive free HIV self-test kits for yourself and/or your friends and partners.
- [email protected]? [email protected]! As part of Sex Now, all participants 18 and over have the option to receive up to three free HIV self-test kits in the mail.
- Pass it on! Help us empower GBT2Q men and non-binary people of all HIV statuses to overcome barriers to conventional HIV testing for themselves, their partners, and their friends by taking part in Sex Now’s [email protected] (18 and older).
- What do you think of existing testing services? Not cutting it? Take part in Sex Now’s [email protected] (18 and older) and help us learn if HIV self-tests are an effective strategy to help those who often face barriers to testing.
- Be among the first in the country to receive the new fast, confidential HIV self-test at home for free! Use it or give it to a friend. Take our Sex Now Survey to find out how.
Please make use of the digital shareables below to share and promote the study on your social media platforms!
Sample E-mail Newsletter Summary
Subject: The 2021 Sex Now Survey is now online
Be part of Canada’s largest survey of GBT2Q and non-binary people
Add your voice! Help build healthier and inclusive communities for us all
CBRC’s national health survey for gay, bi, trans, Two-Spirit, and queer men (GBT2Q) and non-binary people has launched. We want to know about your life nowadays. Tell us about how you have sex, and if that’s changed much. Your answers will assist organizations across the country advocate for better programs and resources, and will be used to shape public policy when it comes to our health and wellbeing.
New this year: Participants (18 years and older) have the option to take part in our [email protected] program and receive free rapid HIV self-test kits for yourself and/or your friends and partners.