Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) is currently looking for new board members. Help make a difference in the lives of queer and trans people in Canada by lending your time and skills to a dynamic, growing and passionate team. We especially encourage Two-Spirit folks, non-binary people, and queer and trans women to apply.
Our Vision: A better world for people of diverse sexualities and genders.
Our Mission: CBRC promotes the health of people of diverse sexualities and genders through research and intervention development.
CBRC’s core pillars – community-led research, knowledge exchange, network building, and leadership development – position the organization as a thought leader, transforming ideas into actions that make a difference in our communities.
CBRC was incorporated in 1999 and is a non-profit charitable organization. Our main office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia, with satellite offices located in Edmonton, Toronto, and Halifax.
The Board of Directors at CBRC ensures the sustainability of the organization through resource management and strategic planning.
Desired Qualities of Directors at Large
Do you have…
- An interest in or a passion for Two-Spirit, queer and trans health?
- Experience or interest in community-based research?
- Experience with and knowledge of Two-Spirit, queer and trans health issues?
- Connections to communities of Two-Spirit, queer and trans folks? (social, professional, cultural, etc.)
- Experience in or aptitude for a leadership position?
- Values that align with ours?
- Set vision, mission and goals and ensure the organization’s work stays true to these
- Fiduciary and legal oversight and accountability of the organization
- Oversight of the management of the organization (including HR management of the Executive Director)
- Financial planning, resource management and funding strategies. Work with staff to secure appropriate funding for the organization
- Representation of constituencies and viewpoints. Bring diverse experiences and viewpoints to the organization
- Enhance the organization’s public reputation
- Recruit and orient new board members
- 3-year term (minimum). Can stand for re-election / re-appointment at end of term
- 1 board meeting (evening) and 1 working group meeting per month
- Join one or more working groups (research, finance, fund development)
- Participate in annual strategic planning meeting (1-2 days over a weekend)
- Participate in evaluation and other organizational activities as they arise
Size of Board: 11 members (3 vacancies)
How to apply: If you would like to join CBRC’s Board of Directors, send an expression of interest to Christopher Gallardo-Ganaban ([email protected]) or Executive Director, Jody Jollimore ([email protected]).