Position Type: Full-time, indefinite term
Annual Salary: $52,500
Schedule: 37.5 hours weekly (flexible hour)
Start Date: August 16, 2022 (flexible)
Location: Remote, within Canada
Language: Primary working language is English
Reports to: Senior Manager, Marketing & Engagement
Application Deadline: July 25, 2022, 12:00 pm PT
Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) promotes the health of people of diverse sexualities and genders through research and intervention development. CBRC’s core pillars – community-led research, knowledge exchange, network building, and leadership development – position the organization as a thought leader, transforming ideas into actions that make a difference in our communities. CBRC was incorporated in 1999 and is a non-profit charitable organization. Our main office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia, and we also have satellite offices located in Edmonton, Toronto, and Halifax.
CBRC believes in work led by and for the community. As part of our commitment to employment equity, we encourage applications from queer, trans and non-binary people, Indigenous, Black and people of colour (IBPOC) individuals, Two-Spirit people, people living with HIV, people living with Hepatitis C, disabled people, 2S/LGBTQ+ women, and other people with fabulous and diverse identities and experiences. CBRC acknowledges that not everyone is able to publicly disclose these identities, and this role does not expect that employees will disclose in the course of their work. At CBRC, we also recognize the value of a variety of educational experiences, including but not limited to academic, career-based, and personal learnings. No one’s application will be ignored due to having not met a formal educational threshold.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Engagement, the Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of CBRC’s social media accounts. CBRC has a broad variety and competing list of communications needs, so an understanding of tone and voice, the ability to multitask, and ease with new and emerging platforms are great assets. The ideal candidate will also possess strong verbal and written skills in English and French, and have an interest in translating data and research as a tool for health promotion, community engagement, and structural change.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Write, produce, schedule, and monitor all content shared across CBRC’s social media platforms
- Develop, repurpose, and mobilize existing CBRC content to take advantage of awareness days, important trends, or emerging conversations
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
- Social listening to research audience preferences and discover new opportunities to connect
- Support social media Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure web and social traffic to enhance performance and reach
- Grow our online audience
- Support the development, implementation, monitoring, and execution of CBRC’s digital communications strategy and associated projects, initiatives and campaigns
- Other responsibilities and duties as required
- 1-3 years of experience as a social media coordinator, or similar position
- Experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Linktr.ee, among others)
- Experience with social media and web advertisement (Google/Facebook ads, among others)
- Passion for social media and proficiency of social media platforms and their best practices: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, among others
- The ability to write and develop engaging messages in different voices and to suit different audiences on different platforms, while maintaining strict standards of quality control and reinforcing CBRC’s style
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other media tracking technologies
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Experience with Word, Google docs, and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
Other Competencies & Qualifications (Assets)
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in an area related to marketing, communication studies or journalism
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector in Canada, especially in relation to 2S/LGBTQ+ communities, health promotion and research, and social justice or services
- Awareness of 2S/LGBTQ+ social, cultural, and political values and sensitivities
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills in French
- Capacity to prioritize tasks and function under tight and/or competing deadlines
- Autonomous worker with an ability to adapt and work within a team setting
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with partners from varying sectors including academic, government and community agencies
- Effective critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Generous vacation time, personal days, and other leave policies
- Extended health benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability (LTD), life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Inclusive workplace
- Remote and hybrid work arrangement
- Flexible working schedule
- Kind and supportive team
How to apply
Please email your application to Human Resources at [email protected] and put the job you are applying for in the subject line (Social Media Coordinator). All applicants are required to provide a cover letter, resume, and portfolio highlighting most relevant social media work (this might include writing samples, examples of campaigns, links to profiles, and etc.).
We acknowledge the copyright of your work submitted, and your work will stay only within our hiring procedure solely for the purpose of screening and selection.
If this process presents barriers, please get in touch via email with the subject line Access: Social Media Coordinator or call us (604-568-7478) to discuss alternative formats for submitting an application.
The deadline to apply for this position is July 25, 2022, 12:00 pm PT.