Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), fixed-term contract until December 3, 2021
Annual Salary: $50,000 (prorated to actual start date) + 4% vacation pay paid each period.
Schedule: Regular office hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), but may require some work during the evenings and weekends closer to the Summit
Location: Anywhere in Canada (working virtually as per public health restrictions)
Start Date: August 2021 (exact date flexible)
Language: Primary working language is English, French language skills are an asset (indicate
language skills in cover letter or resume)
Reports to: Knowledge Exchange and Policy Development Director
Application Deadline: Monday, July 26, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) promotes the health of gay, bi, trans, Two-Spirit, and queer men (GBT2Q) through research and intervention development. CBRC’s core pillars – community-led research, knowledge exchange, network building, and leadership development – position the organization as a thought leader, transforming ideas into actions that make a difference in our communities. CBRC was incorporated in 1999 and is a non-profit charitable organization. Our main office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia; we also have satellite offices located in Edmonton, Toronto, and Halifax.
CBRC is seeking an organized and passionate Logistics Coordinator to support the planning and execution of the Summit 2021, CBRC’s annual knowledge exchange and capacity-building conference on GBT2Q health, as well as others’. Working in close collaboration with the Communications, Knowledge Transfer, and Policy Development team, the Summit Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for handling a variety of key event logistics (i.e., production for live, pre-recording, and post-event content) for this year’s virtual conference, taking place October 27-29, and the pre-Summit webinar series between October 18-26. The Summit Logistics Coordinator may also support additional conference planning needs, including marketing and promotion, administration and operations, and evaluation activities.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of event logistics for Summit 2021, including key production processes for live, pre-recording, and post-event content, including communications with conference presenters, participants, vendors, and other project stakeholders (i.e., Summit Programming Committee (SPC), CBRC staff);
- Identify key programming requirements for Summit 2021, including pre-Summit ancillary events (i.e., webinars, possible in-person activities);
- Communicate important information to Summit presenters, participants, vendors, and other project stakeholders related to live and pre-recorded presentation guidelines, key dates and deadlines, and other production processes and details;
- Organize and host info-sessions with Summit presenters to ensure that the information provided is clearly understood;
- Support the accessibility of Summit 2021 by coordinating the implementation of live interpretation and captioning services, as well as peer listening and support services for conference participants;
- Support consultation with the SPC and internal CBRC staff to ensure that members’ feedback is taken into account and applied to conference planning;
- Coordinate post-event production for Summit 2021 content, including captioning of conference presentations and sessions, to be included in the Summit Content Library in December 2021;
- Other duties, as required.
Other Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience organizing or supporting large-scale events or conferences is a significant asset;
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Capacity to prioritize tasks and function under tight, and/or competing deadlines;
- Effective critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with stakeholders from varying sectors, including academic, government, public health, and community agencies;
- Understanding of anti-racism, anti-oppression, and disability justice principles/approaches
- Awareness of 2SLGBTQIA+ community-based cultural and political values and sensitivities;
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset but not a requirement.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to provide a cover letter and a resume. Please email your application to Human Resources at [email protected], with the subject line: Summit Logistics Coordinator
If this process presents barriers, please get in touch via email with the subject line “Access: Summit Logistics Coordinator” or call us at (604) 568-7478 to discuss alternative formats for submitting an application.
The deadline to apply for this position is July 26, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
CBRC believes in work led by and for the community. As part of our commitment to employment equity, we encourage applications from lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer and non-binary people, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, Two-Spirit people, people living with HIV, people living with Hepatitis C, people living with chronic health conditions, disabled people/people with disabilities, and other people with fabulous and diverse identities and experiences. CBRC acknowledges that not everyone is able to publicly disclose these identities, and this role does not expect that employees will disclose in the course of their work.