Position Type: Full-Time Temporary until March 31st, 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Yearly Wage: $55,000 (prorated to start date, approximately $32,083 for duration of contract)
Location: Flexible within Canada, ideally at one of CBRC’s offices (Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Halifax)
Language: Bilingual skills are a required asset, but primary working language is English
Hours of work: Combination of days, evenings and weekends
Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) promotes the health of sexual and gender minority populations through research and intervention development. The Community-Based Research Centre’s (CBRC) core pillars – community-led research, knowledge exchange, network building, and leadership development – position the organization as a thought leader, transforming ideas into actions that make a difference in our communities. CBRC was incorporated in 1999 and is a non-profit charitable organization. Our main office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia; we also have satellite offices located in Edmonton, Toronto, and Halifax.
We are seeking a passionate and organized full-time bilingual Test Now Peer Coordinator to coordinate Peer Navigators and research activities as part of the Test Now national HIV self-testing and linkage to care pilot project. Peer Navigation will be done in collaboration with other partner organizations as part of REACH 3.0. Participants of the Test Now research project will have the opportunity to receive support for at-home HIV test kits and follow-up information on prevention and treatment resources for HIV and STBBIs. This will occur mainly through virtual means (web-based application, email, chat, phone, video).
The Test Now Peer Coordinator will provide supervision of Peer Navigators under the guidance of the National HIV and STBBI Testing and Linkage Implementation Manager, including scheduling, monitoring training needs, equipment and adherence to study protocol, policies and procedures. The Test Now Peer Coordinator will monitor research activities and data under the direction of the National HIV and STBBI Testing and Linkage Implementation Manager and Principal Investigator.
At CBRC, we recognize the value of a variety of educational experiences, including but not limited to academic, career-based, and personal learnings. No one’s application will be ignored due to having not met a formal educational threshold. However, an undergraduate degree/diploma in one of the following areas would be an asset:
- Social Sciences
- Project Management
Job Responsibilities include:
- Supervision and coordination of Peer Navigators
- Assigning work schedule to Peer Navigators
- Monitor Peer Navigator attendance and adherence to research protocol
- Identify needs and support Peer Navigator training
- Support Peer Navigators with technical issues and in debriefing from challenging interactions
- Provide Peer Navigation as a back-up
- Coordinate research data collection, analysis and reporting
- Other duties related to Test Now as assigned
Other qualifications and skills include:
- Bilingual (English and French language) skills is a required asset
- Postsecondary education is an asset but not a requirement
- Awareness of GBQT2 community-based cultural and political values and sensitivities
- Knowledge of HIV and STBBI testing and related health services, policies and regulations, and care pathways
- Experience with supervising a team of peers or volunteers, particularly teams that are geographically dispersed
- Experience with outreach service delivery, ideally with online or virtual outreach
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with web-based programs for data entry is an asset
- Excellent written communication skills including writing and/or editing documents
- Capacity to prioritize tasks and function under tight and/or competing deadlines
- Autonomous worker with an ability to adapt and work within a team setting
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with partners from varying sectors including academic, government and community agencies
- Effective critical analysis and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Please email your application to CBRC’s National HIV and STBBI Testing and Linkage Implementation Manager, Chris Draenos, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants are required to provide a cover letter and a resume. Applicants selected for an interview will be requested to submit a writing sample in French. A portion of the interview will occur in French.
The application deadline is August 5, 2020 4 pm PST.