Position Type: Permanent Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
Yearly Wage: $55,000
Location: Vancouver, BC
Language: Primary working language is English, though French & English bilingualism is an asset
Schedule: Regular office hours, typically 5 days per week
Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC) promotes the health of gay men through research and intervention development. CBRC’s core pillars – community-led research, knowledge exchange, network building, and leadership development – position the organization as a thought leader, transforming ideas into actions that make a difference in our communities. CBRC was incorporated in 1999 and is a non-profit charitable organization. Our main office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia; we also have satellite offices located in Edmonton, Toronto, and Halifax.
CBRC is seeking an Office Administrator to work closely with the Management team to support the implementation of CBRC’s Mission. They will assist the team in the vital role of administration, ensuring efficient and effective day-to-day operations at CBRC and maintaining organized records. Further, they will work with the Operations Manager to coordinate the development and revision of H/R materials, including (but not limited to) an Employment Manual and internal policies. Specific experience in this is an asset, but the desire and ability to perform the research necessary to ensure CBRC complies with statutory guidelines is vital. Applicants should be organized, detailed, observant, punctual, tech-savvy, and comfortable adhering to deadlines. We are currently seeking a candidate to begin on October 16, 2020.
At CBRC, we recognize the value of a variety of educational experiences, including but not limited to academic, career-based, and personal learnings. No application is disregarded due to having not met a formal educational threshold. However, an undergraduate degree/diploma in one of the following areas would be an asset:
- Human Resources
- Providing general administrative support to the CBRC team and Board of Directors.
- Supporting payment processing (creating payment requisitions and “backing out” taxes to accurately record them and claim the appropriate charity rebate amount).
- Leading the development and revision of Human Resources materials and policies, with support from management.
- Coordinating the organization’s Health & Safety compliance, with support from management.
- Administering the organization’s G-Suite platform (Gmail system): setting up new emails, granting access to Google Drive, etc.
- Coordinating bank and credit card administration (updating signatories, adding/removing credit card holders).
- Updating forms and templates.
- Preparing cheque deposits and taking them to the bank.
- Keeping accurate & detailed records and filing systems.
- Coordinating with insurance broker to review and renew insurance annually.
- Tracking IT inventory (E.G. what we own, purchase date, etc.)
- Tracking volunteer time and in-kind donations.
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering as needed.
- Developing or enhancing existing systems as needed, with support.
- Providing forms and documents required for new employees.
- Tracking employee time off.
- Coordinating with CBRC’s travel agent team to arrange.
- Organizing and scheduling meetings and events.
- Maintaining confidentiality of personal and private information.
- Other admin-related duties as needed.
- Training or experience in administration, bookkeeping, Human Resources, or communications considered an asset.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word).
- Detailed and observant with the ability to catch potential errors and discrepancies.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
- Familiarity with the operations of non-profits considered an asset (BC Society’s Act, filing annual report).
- Basic understanding of Canada’s tax system (GST/PST/HST).
- Bookkeeping and QuickBooks experience an asset.
- Experience coordinating or supporting projects related to health promotion, research, or a similar discipline – specifically in a partnership context – is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is desirable.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Christof Milando, CBRC’s Operations Manager, at Christof.Milando@cbrc.net. The deadline to apply to this position is September 23, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST.
CBRC believes in work led by and for community. As part of our commitment to employment equity, we encourage applications from queer, trans, and non-binary Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, Two-Spirit people, people living with HIV, people living with Hepatitis C, people with disabilities, gay and bisexual men, and other people with fabulous and diverse identities and experiences.